If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]
7020 Littlerock Rd SW Tumwater, WA 98512

If you plan on traveling internationally, you will need to contact the USDA. See this checklist to help get you started. You should also contact your airline if your pet will be flying, as they may have special requirements as well. Please keep in mind that each country is different and that it may take as long as several months to complete the traveling process, depending on where the pet is travelling to.

Here is the link to the local USDA office:


Here is a checklist that we put together to help you as well:

https://tumwaterveterinarycom.vetmatrixbase.com/clients/9439/documents/International travel requirements (1).docx

Some of the items required to travel may include:

  • Health Certificate
  • Rabies vaccine(s)
  • Microchip
  • Rabies Titer(s)
  • Deworming
  • Topical parasite treatment (flea and tick)
  • Official USDA endorsement (additional fees apply)

Please note: each country has different requirements regarding the import of animals. It is extremely important that all the requirements are met in the timeline that is required. Usually Health Certificates must be completed within 10 days of travel and vaccines/blood titers are to be given at a specific date prior to travel (sometimes months in advance).

If these are not met, countries can decline entry, quarantine pets at owner's expense or even euthanize. Please plan ahead for the safety and comfort of your pets.

Veterinary Topics